Harford’s Heart Magazine™ connects the residents, businesses and communities of Harford County, from rural pastures to suburban developments, high-tech centers and waterfront recreation. We’re Keeping It Local with stories on the arts and artists, retail shops and restaurants, and the many events that retain the County’s traditions. Harford County is changing and growing — and Harford’s Heart is growing with it. Since 2005, Harford’s Heart has featured the family-owned businesses, home-grown farm fare and out-of-the-way shops that make Harford County a unique place to live, work and play — all conveniently close to home. Readers across a broad demographic choose Harford’s Heart to stay connected with their neighborhood, their town and their county.
You can find Harford’s Heart in hundreds of locations throughout Harford County. Or you can enjoy the convenience of live, interactive, digital edition anytime 24/7 to stay on top of community events and the latest information about local businesses.
Publishing 40,000 copies of each issue and distributing all over our great county, Harford’s Heart is your premier magazine for living in Harford County.
Our Editorial Calendar:
Winter February / March
Our readers are looking for ideas to chase the cold-weather blues with Valentine’s Day and St. Patty’s celebrations, along with community events that Keep It Local.
Spring April / May
Share the latest trends your business has to offer to help your customers get a jump on the season with fresh ideas for gardening and remodeling. Harford’s Heart will be supporting the local farms and farmers’ markets who are an important reminder of our agricultural heritage. Our annual celebration for Mother’s Day focuses on the many women who make a difference to our community.
Summer June / July
School’s out for Summer! And there are great family events in Harford County every weekend! Harford’s Heart will take your message to visitors who come to discover what Harford County has to offer.
Back-to-School August / September
Back-to-school is a traditional time for our readers – your customers – to be looking for the best deals in shopping. Harford’s Heart will direct them to your store as well as to outdoor events, sharing your message with visitors and hometown residents alike.
Fall October / November
The crisp cool weather and change of routine, along with the upcoming holiday season, inspire folks to take a fresh look at their décor and wardrobes. Our motto – Keep It Local – encourages them to patronize local businesses and get a head start on their gift shopping.
Holiday December / January
Harford County sparkles with Christmas and New Year celebrations. Harford’s Heart is the guide that local readers rely on for holiday entertainment and information on after-Christmas sales. Keep them coming to your store for the New Year, and beyond!
Feature articles plus, our “just-the-right-length” regular articles keep our readers informed about all the elements that make Harford County a great place to live, work and play!• Interview With an Artist – profile of a local artist whose unique artwork is featured on the cover.
- Interview With an Artist – profile of a local artist whose unique artwork is featured on the cover.
- Harford Picks – featuring local bands and musicians brought to you by Larry Noto of Music Land.
- Grace & Beauty . . . With You in Mind! – the latest trends and technologies in hair restoration from Kelly’s Hair Design.
- Healthy Choices – in partnership with Klein’s/ShopRite, takes Keeping it Local to a healthier level.
- Staying Fit – tips from Certified Personal trainer, Debbie Umbarger.
- Harford County: Where the Wild Things Are – our friends at the Phoenix Wildlife Center feature a local “critter” in each issue.
- Fishing Harford’s Waters – pointers on catching and cooking it up local!
- Historical Harford – told by Carol Diebel, Vice President of the Historical Society of Harford County
- FYI from Barry Glassman – news from our Harford County Executive!
- Dolce’s Desk – our philosophic canine comments from a different perspective.
- Business Profile – spotlights local business owners, taking our readers ‘behind the scenes’.
- Happily Ever After – Marta Markline Kastner provides much needed advice for our brides and grooms to be.
- Tried and True – re-visits the businesses, activities and groups that are essential to the character of Harford County.
- Hidden in Plain Sight – introducing specialty stores and restaurants around Harford County.